Silica gel supplier

<< Home << News

News

What to do when children eat the desiccant silica gel?

A lot of candy, cookies are put with desiccant silica gel . Some children are not careful to eat the desiccant silica gel, or children are curious of desiccant silica gel, put them in the mouth and chew it, causing eating.
The desiccant silica gel in market, generally divided into four types:
Transparent silica gel ,it is non-toxic and can not be absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract. It can be discharged by the feces. This desiccant silica gel is not toxic to humans, usually no problem. If swallowed , you have the dizziness, vomiting, and other special symptoms and you need to go to the hospital.
Brown iron oxide, little irritation, let children drink water to dilute, if children eats a lot and have nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea symptoms, they may be iron poisoning and should
be taken to hospital.
Calcium chloride, only little irritation, just drink plenty of water diluted.
Calcium oxide, will become calcium bicarbonate with water, alkali, corrosive and should first drink diluted, and then sent to the hospital for further processing.