Beer silica gel
Silica gel for Beer is a kind of non-crystalline micro-porous solid powde. Its chemical molecular formula is mSiO2.nH2O, insoluble in water or any other solvent. It is nontoxic, tasteless, it possesses high stability under hot or cold atmosphere and is harmless to human body, mainly used in beer industry.
- Beer silica gel has large specific surface area and numerous fine-pored structure. It adsorbs the proteins which cause beer turbid and removes them through filtering, just within several minutes, thus prolonging beer storage period by 180-240 days and keeping beer from being cold muddy.
- Beer silica gel does not affect the beer foam or taste. Thanks to its superior physical and chemical properties, it does not have any adverse effect on the beer foam or taste. It is justified through practice that beer silica gel is the safest beer stabilizer generally recognized by the world beer industry.
- It helps improve the filter promoting effect. It is chemically stable, contains no beer soluble substances. Its surface area and porous structure are both superior to diatomite. It is a kind of ideal filter promoter in aiding diatomite filter, making beer brighter and clearer.
|Pore volume, ml/g
|Specific surface area, m2/g
|Heavy metal (by Pb) %≤
10kg per polyethylene compound bag.
- Packing and size may be customized per your specific requirements.
- When beer silica gel is used, the amount of fine diatomite can be reduced appropriately depending on the amount of beer silica gel being used, so as not to affect the filtering amount.
- If the staring filter pressure is considered too fast and affects the output, we can specially produce for our customers the beer silica gel of fast filtering speed.
Minimum Order Requirement
The minimum order is one 20-foot container, which can holds about 10 to 16 metric tons of product.